A Girl With A Camera...Capturing Her World....

The blog you are about to read is written by a girl who has a camera and a lap top. I do not claim to be a writer nor do I claim to be a photographer.... I play one however, upon this screen. Everything posted is true to the best of my recollection =D This is my story, facts are true, the people are real and Yep, I am truly this blessed!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I'm so much cuter on line ; )

I'm single, and I'm not finding a lot of guys who I'm interested in my area ~ seems I know them too well, or know someone who knows them.. small town living.  So a friend tells me BRANCH OUT, go to an online dating site.  You might meet someone really great ~ you might make a new friend, oh just brave the web and put yourself out there.  And I quote  "you aren't going to meet anyone if you refuse to leave your yard for anything more than gardening supplies"....

OK.. so I did.  I gave it a whirl and I met a great guy.  And we dated, clicked from the get go, which was nice.  But we didn't REALLY click, as in long term.  So it goes
Recently I thought maybe I'd try again, hesitant as I don't want to totally put myself out there & I'm really not interested in having my photo & business out on the web for all and anyone to see.  But.. Nothing ventured, Nothing gained, Right?

Here is what I've concluded in my short stint with online dating.... A number of women have a photo that makes them "sexy"... you know the pose that excites a fella and leads him right to the photo gallery, bypassing the "about me section" of the online post.  Oh some gals have great photos... don't get me wrong and if I had a rockin' body I might ... oh heck no I wouldn't post a photo of me out there like that. Geeze, save something for the imagination!  
And men, Now I'm talking men 38-50 which is the range I view... I can sum it up like this, can I can say its great comic relief at times too!   38-40 the guys like to put it all out there, they still have "young" bodies and they want to show you, so they offer a nice selection of photos with themselves on a boat, at a beach or in the backyard... shirtless of course.  The younger end of the spectrum I've noticed is intrigued by posting bathroom shots... meaning photos of their half naked self in a mirror ~ I'm still not sure if this is for your enjoyment of theirs!
Men 40 to 45 let's say... they almost always have a hat on and often times a child in the photo.  As if to say.. Yep I'm bald, but I'm a great dad so don't hold the hair loss against me.  Many over 45, have photos of themselves Yep! In a hat, or bald and proud as they stand next to a hot rod, motorcycle or on vacation at an exotic venue. 

Everyone trying to make a statement where they are in life I suppose and making it clear they shouldn't be judged .. that they really are a catch.  Which I believe they are, for the right mate.  And in some cases its going to take going through a lot of right mates, for someone else before you get to the right mate for you. 
It's all a process.  And it is exhausting!  You can tell a great deal from a photo, but you can more so sum it up if you take the time to read the "about me".   Keeping in mind that we all want to sound a bit better than we are, maybe we are trying to sound a bit more like the person we'd like to be, I dunno? 


So, as I peek through photos... passing unless they grab my attention honestly- there has to be that "oh yeah" attraction or why proceed....  I take the time to review, and re- review profiles before I even consider anything.   I don't ever make the first contact, I might make a "nudge" to tell them I was there and they peeked my interest but nothing that says "she's hot for me" because it takes far more than a few lines on a screen and a super smile to make me go from Interested to hot for you... or at least I'm presuming so, I've not gotten to that place yet.  

No comments: